Member recipe by adele-wholefoods
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
- For the muffins:
- 160g plain flour
- 60g unsalted butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 50g Cocoa powder (I used Green & Blacks)
- 1TBSP baking powder
- 210ml Milk
- 2 Large eggs
- 12 Orea cookies
- For the Icing:
- 500g icing sugar
- 150g unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 50ml milk
- 6 Oreos cut into half
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/ 170Â fan/ 325Â F/gas mark 3, and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases
- To make the sponge mix together the butter, cocoa powder, baking powder, flour and sugar until you have a crumbly texture.
- In a separate bowl mix together the milk and eggs. Add half of the mixture into the dry ingredients, and mix until smooth. Then add the rest of the mixture and stir until fluffy.
- Equally divide the mixture into the muffin tins, and crumble one of the Oreo cookies on top of each. Bake for 20 minutes until the muffin springs back when touched. Leave to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar, milk and butter together until smooth and fluffy. Divide the mixture on top of the cooled muffins and smooth in a circular action with a pallet knife. Top with half a Oreo cookie.