"Tiger" Trout with Quinoa
Member recipe by julesthenorweegie
A simple dish packed full of goodness. Quick, easy, and perfect as a lunch or dinner
- 160 g rainbow trout fillet
- 90 g cooked quinoa (read below for instructions)
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1/2 lemon, cut in two
- A handful or two of spinach
- Salt, pepper and a little soy sauce
- Balsamic glaze to serve
- Rinse quinoa in cold water before you start simmering it. Boil up 5/1 part water to the quinoa (I cooked up three portions in one go, it keeps in the fridge for a couple of days), add the vegetable stock, and juice of 1/4 of the lemon. Let it simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Ten minutes in, pre-heat the oven to 180ÃÂºC. Now, you'll be making the fish parcel. Take enough tin foil to wrap up the fish. Place the foil on a baking paper, then drizzle 1/2 tbsp soy sauce on top of it. Place the trout over the soy sauce, and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Chuck in the second slice of lemon, and cook it for about 25 minutes.
- Once the quinoa has been simmering away for about 20minutes, take it off the heat and let it sit for ten minutes. Fluff it up with a fork and cover with a lid. Drain off excess liquid if you accidentally used to much, and add a little soy sauce if you want (I love soy sauce!)
- Whenever the quinoa is ready, the rainbow trout should be too! Plate up a bed of spinach, top it with the quinoa, place the fish next to it, drizzle over the balsamic glaze and serve it with the lemon wedge that was in the parcel with the fish!
- About 400-420 calories