Pork Chops with Maple syrup
Member recipe by paulkiely
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pork chops
- 2 red onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 150ml maple syrup
- Pour 4 tbsp olive oil into large frying pan (preferably NOT non-stick) over a medium heat. Season the pork chops with 2 tsp salt and add to pan when oil is hot.
- Cook for 3-5 mins on each side until nicely browned all over and cooked through. Transfer cooked chops to warmed plate, cover with foil and keep warm.
- If very little oil left add an extra tbsp and fry the onions and thyme leaves. Season with salt and stir fry for 3 mins until onions have softened but not browned. Pour in the vinegar and using a wooden spoon deglaze pan scraping any browned residue from the chops. Bring to a simmer for 2 mins then stir in maple syrup and 1 tsp pepper.
- Bring back to simmer, cook for 7-10 mins until the sauce has reduced to a sticky glaze. Check for seasoning then pour sauce over the pork chops and serve.