Quinoa Pizza Bites
Member recipe by paule2
A healthy alternative to wheat plus it's gluten free too. A great snack.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch of salt
- Salsa sauce for dipping
- Heat the quinoa with 1 cup of water and cover. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes (until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender).
- Preheat oven to 180Ã¯ÂÂ°C/350Ã¯ÂÂ°F/Gas Mark 4. Combine all of your ingredients (except the salsa sauce) in a mixing bowl until it is well mixed.
- Lightly spray the bottom of a mini-muffin tin with olive oil spray. Scoop 1 tbsp of the mix into each muffin tin.
- Place in the oven and bake them for 15-20 minutes and let cool.
- Serve them warm with salsa sauce to dip in.