Austrian Strawberry Sheet Cake
Member recipe by lisamessner
ServingsServes 1 - 1
Great for a Cake Lover of rich, juicy and moist cakes. Easy but so delicious.
- Ingredients to make one sheet:
- 300g butter
- 300g icing sugar
- 300g flour
- tiny bit vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 eggs
- 5g baking powder
- 500g strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan assisted or 180C or gas mark 4
- Line the baking tray with baking parchment. Wash and cut strawberries into bite size pieces.
- Mix the butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract, salt together. Add the eggs one by one. Carefully fold the flour and baking powder under.
- Spread the dough on your tray with an approx. thickness of 2cm
- Lay the Strawberries tightly in the dough. (if you cover the strawberries in flour beforehand, they won't sink to the bottom) Add the remaining dough on top as even as possible.
- Bake for about 35-40 mins, or until golden on top.
- Optional: Allow to cool, and maybe spread a layer of strawberry jam on the top, cover with double cream (mix it with some sugar before) and some chocolate sprinkels if you feel fancy!