Member recipe by missy786
Try these simple cakes out with any mini-chefs in the household and have fun decorating them. They're perfect for any occasion.
- For the cupcakes:
- 100g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 250g Condensed Milk
- 1 egg
- A drop of vanilla extract
- 85g butter or margarine
- 1tsp baking powder
- For the icing:
- 200g icing sugar
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 55g butter or margarine, softened
- few drops vanilla extract
- 2-3tbsp Condensed Milk
- Your choice of decorations, to finish (smarties, chocolate beans)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, Gas Mark 4. Line 12 cupcake cases into a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Put the cupcake ingredients in a bowl and beat until light and creamy. (Use an electric hand mixer if you have one!)
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases. Bake for about 15-18 minutes until springy. Cool for 5 minutes and then lift out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat the icing sugar, cocoa powder, butter and vanilla with enough condensed milk to make a thick icing. Spread or pipe onto the cakes. Finish with a touch of your own decorations.