No-fry oven chips
Member recipe by annieble
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed peppercorns
- Pinch of salt
- 1 sprig thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Slice each potato into equally sized wedges, until they are the desired thickness.
- Put the wedges and a pinch of salt into a pan of lightly boiling water for approximately 4 minutes, then drain them and dab them with kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- Coat the wedges in olive oil and place on a baking tray.
- Lightly season wedges with the salt and pepper, chop thyme and sprinkle over wedges.
- Place wedges in oven for 15 minutes, take them out and turn. Place them back in for approx 10 minutes, until lightly browned, or until crisp.