Member recipe by cmangan
- For salad:
- 4 eggs
- 2 baby gem lettuce
- 1 packet (or handful) green beans
- 2 tins of tuna
- 10 new potatoes
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- cherry tomatoes
- black or kalamata olives
- For dressing:
- 1 part olive oil
- 1 part lemon juice and white wine vinegar mix (even quantities of each )
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the potatoes until soft and leave in water to keep warm.
- Soft boil the eggs for 5 minutes, drain and leave to one side until just cool enough to shell (but preferably still warm)
- Boil or steam french beans until cooked but still crunchy. If boiling remove from water to stop going soggy and cover to keep warm.
- Slice lettuce into quarters and arrange on serving plates, along with tomatoes, red onion and olives (the amount and type you use is dependent on taste but traditionally black or kalamata olives are used. Fresh olives from the deli counter always taste better than tinned or jarred olives)
- Shell the eggs and half. Arrange on plate, along with the warm potatoes (again, halved if a little big) and the warm beans.
- Drain the tuna and place in the centre of the plate on top of the salad.
- To make the dressing (and how much you like depends of personal preference) mix one part good olive oil to one part lemon juice and white wine vinegar mixed together. Add a good spoonful or two of dijon mustard and plenty of salt and pepper. Stir rigorously until all ingredients are combined and the dressing becomes cloudy).
- Drizzle a good helping of the dressing over the salad and enjoy....preferably in the sun with a large glass of white wine!!