Fresh Tuna spaghetti
Member recipe by elisir77
- 400g spaghetti
- 400g fresh tuna fillet
- 500g fresh tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 scallion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp soysauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of coarse salt
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot (1 lt of water each 100g of pasta), add the coarse salt and, as it boils again, add the pasta and let it cook for about 9 min. (or follow the direction on the package). You may want to cook the pasta al dente to stir-fry it on the pan with the sauce before serving.
- Chop the tuna fillet into 1cm cubes. Wash the tomatoes, and chop them into 1cm cubes. If you're using big tomatoes, discard the seeds. This step is not necessary for pachino or cherry tomatoes.
- Crush the garlic with a knife and slice finely the scallion. Add both to a large pan with the oil and turn the heat on to medium. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped tuna and stir fry to seal the cubes. Add the tomato cubes and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Let it cook for 6/8 mins and then add the soy sauce and the ginger. Mix evenly.
- Remove 1 cup of water from the pot, then drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the sauce. If the sauce is too thick add a couple of tbsp of cooking water to make it smoother. Stir fry for one minute and serve with a sprinkle of pepper.