Moist Chocolate Brownies
Member recipe by girlinstripedsocks
ServingsServes 1 - 14 Brownies
Intoxicating chocolate brownies, moist and scrummy on the inside with a cracked harder shell on top, perfect with ice cream or a cuppa brew!
- 100g spreadable butter
- 150g dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 250g granulated sugar
- 100g self raising flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 50ml ameretto
- icing sugar (for dusting)
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees/fan 160/gas 4. Line a 22cm baking tin with greaseproof paper. Collect all the ingredients and equipment you will need; scales, 2 x mixing bowl, whisk, wooden spoon, chopping board, sharp knife, sieve.
- Finely chop the chocolate, (be careful to not touch the chocolate as softened it is harder to chop), next put the chocolate and butter together in a microwavable mixing bowl and microwave for roughly 1 min (keep an eye on it as everyones microwaves work at different speeds). mix the melted chocolate and butter together with a wooden spoon so that no melted butter can be seen above the chocolate.
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar to form a light fluffy consistancy, then fold this into the chocolate and butter mix. Stir in the 'figure of 8' rotation to mix in well.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into the batter a tablespoon at a time, each time mixing again with the 'figure of 8' rotation. Once all flour and cocoa has been mixed in add the ameretto or any other ingredients you might like to add (chocolate chips, chopped almonds etc.) and pour into the baking tin. Place in the centre of the oven for roughly 30 mins. After 30 mins check with a skewer to see whether it is ready, (if the skewer comes out clean it's done).
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool on the tin for 30 mins, then lift the greaseproof paper and place on countertop. Use a sharp knife to cut into brownie slices, and then arrange on a plate and dust them with icing sugar.