Balsamic Baked Strawberries
Member recipe by gcooksit
Balsamic vinegar may seem a strange flavour for a dessert, but it really complements the sweetness of the strawberries.
- 800g large Strawberries, tops cut off and halved
- 50-100ml Balsamic vinegar
- 50g caster or granulated sugar
- tsp Green peppercorns
- 1 or 2 scoops ice cream or frozen yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat the oven to the lowest possible heat, or use the aga warming oven later. Prepare the strawberries, wash, cut off the tops and halve them lengthways. Place in an oven proof dish.
- Place the balsamic vinegar, sugar and green peppercorns in a small saucepan and heat over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Make sure you don't burn the sugar onto the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar mix over the strawberries and place in the preheated oven or aga warming oven.
- After about 50 minutes, put the heat of the oven up to 200C, or transfer the strawberries to the aga roasting oven (the hotter one).
- Remove from the oven and serve with ice cream or frozen yoghurt.