My Little Pony cake
Member recipe by choccake222
- For the Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness
- You will need
- Pink half-pound cake (use half a pound instead of a pound of ingredients)
- Meringue mix
- For the icing
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese
- Approx. 6 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon extract or lemon juice
- For decorating
- Whipped cream
- Marzipan fruits and flowers
- Preheat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/ gas mark 3.
- For the meringue, make a basic meringue mix and on a sheet of parchment paper/greaseproof paper spread a layer of meringue about as thick as a ÃÂ£1 coin and as wide as the cake tin. Bake it until it is golden-y on the top. Do quite a few of these as these will fit between the layers.
- Bake two half-pound cakes and trim the first one so it fits nicely on the bigger one. Separate them both into half or in 3 parts and when the meringues are done, slot them into the layers.
- For the icing, put the mascarpone in a mixer and beat until smooth. Slowly add the confectioner's sugar until the frosting is the thickness you like. Add the lemon extract and mix until even.
- Cover the cake with the frosting and decorate it like the cake in the My Little Pony episode.