Chicken and Strozzapreti Pasta
Member recipe by melaniejhodson
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp red pesto
- 6 tbsp creme fraiche
- 400g strozzapreti pasta (or any short pasta)
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 80ml vegetable stock
- olive oil
- Place pasta in pan of boiling salted water and cook for required time. Drain into colander. Meanwhile heat a frying pan with dash of olive oil and fry off chicken strips with salt and pepper until they are browned on one side.
- Turn over the chicken and add the onions. Fry until everything is golden brown.
- Add garlic and vegetable stock to deglaze the pan, reduce the stock.
- Add the red pesto, sweet chilli and creme fraiche, stir well and simmer.
- Add the cooked pasta, combine well and serve.