Member recipe by santeron
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Cookies
- 100g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 80g icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250g all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250g white chocolate cut in small pieces
- 1 lemon (just the zest)
- Prehead the oven to 180C/ fan 160C/ gas 4
- Make sure the butter is softened. Cut in cubes and put it in a large bowl along with the sugar.
- Put an electric whisk on the lowest setting and break the butter up into the sugar. Increase the whisk's speed and mix for about 1 minute until you have a light and creamy mixture.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Make sure they are mixed well.
- Add the baking powder and flour and mix gently with your hands until everything is mixed well.
- Add the zest of the lemon and the pieces of white chocolate.
- Put a grease proof paper in a baking tray. Make small balls out of the dough and press them gently on the tray until they are about 0.5cm tall.
- Leave some space between them on the tray so they don't stick together.
- Bake for 12 minutes then remove from the oven and let them cool down.