Orange soaked cookie cream log
Member recipe by anya19
Cream covered orange and grand marnier soaked chocolate chip cookies shaped into a log.
- 1 1/2 or 2 packets maryland chocolate chip cookies
- orange juice
- grand marnier
- 300ml double or whipping cream
- 1 chunk dark chocolate
- grated rind of 1/2 orange
- Pour a little orange juice into a shallow bowl and add a glug of grand marnier. Place a few of the chocolate cookies in the liquid and allow to soak for a couple of seconds then carefully turn over for the same amount of soaking time, do not allow to go too soggy otherwise they will break up too much. Place immediately onto a rectangular or oblong shaped plate at a slightly slanted angle to create a long log shape. Carry on doing this until you have used up all the biscuits you may need to keep refilling the shallow dish with more orange juice and grand marnier. If you have got to the end of the plate with the biscuits use some of them to cover the sides of the log as well.
- In a a large bowl whisk the cream until softly whipped. Using a spoon, place mounds of the cream over the chocolate cookie log and spread evenly with a palette knife.
- Grate over 1 chunk of dark choclate or top with chocolate shavings and sprinkle over the grated orange zest.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.