Member recipe by danielleplatt85
- 225g Plain Flour
- 175g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 100g butter
- 397g can condensed milk
- 100g soft dark brown sugar
- Few drops vanilla essence
- 150g milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to fan 150°C, conventional 170°C, gas 3.
- Grease and line the base of a rectangular tin 28x 18 x3cm with baking parchment.
- Place flour in a large bowl and then rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar. Knead well to form a smooth dough.
- Press dough into prepared tin, press down evenly with the back of a spoon and bake for 25 minutes until lightly golden. Allow to cool in tin.
- To make the topping, place butter, condensed milk and brown sugar in a non stick pan over a gentle heat. Melt ingredients together stirring continuously, and then boil for 5 minutes stirring continuously. Add vanilla essence and beat well. Pour evenly over the cooked base in the tin and allow to cool.
- Place chocolate in a small heatproof basin and melt over a pan of boiling water.
- Spread melted chocolate over topping and allow to set thoroughly before removing from baking tin.