Sponge layer cake
Member recipe by teetee123
- 125g/5oz sugar
- 6tbsp sunflower oil
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 150g/6oz gluten free self raising flour
- 4tbsp water
- 1tsp oil
- 2tbsp jam
- 1tsp icing sugar
- lightly greaseproof or oil 7inch round cake tin
- In a bowl beat sugar,oil+vanilla, peel+mash banana and beat into sugar mixture.
- Add flour+water and mix well, turn into prepared cake tin +smooth the top
- Bake in a preheated oven 190c/ fan170c/gas5 for 35mins, cool on a wire rack.
- Slice sponge in half horizontally, spread one half sponge with jam, place other half on top+ sieve with icing sugar.