Member recipe by pepperandstew.co.uk
- 3 tbsp oil
- 4 chunky white fish fillets
- 4 onions finely sliced
- Juice of two small lemons or 1 large lemon
- 8 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 veg/fish stock cube
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chillies (optional)
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- First you need to put all the ingredients except the fish in a large bowl and mix.
- Season the fish with some salt then add to the marinade above. Make sure the fish is all covered up in the marinade.
- Leave the fish to marinate for about an hour. After an hour, take the fish out and scrape off any bits from the marinade.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a deep pan. Brown the fish fillets on both side about (3 minutes each side) and set aside.
- In the same pan (with the brown bits) add just the onions from the marinade without the liquid and fry/saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the juices from the marinade and about 100ml water, cover the pan and leave the onions to cook for about 10-15 minutes. You need the onions to still have a little bite and not completely soft.
- Add some salt seasoning if necessary then add the fish back to cook through. Serve with mashed potatoes , cous cous or rice.