Member recipe by poppyfelicia
A simple, healthy and comforting soup, perfect for a cold winters night!
- 1 stock cube
- Half a medium size cabbage, roughly chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 Brussels sprouts, peeled and chopped
- 2 handfuls frozen peas
- 3 cubes frozen spinach
- 2tsp ground pepper
- 1tsp thyme
- 1tsp mixed spices
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed to 1inch pieces
- Half pack of ham
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the stock cube and stir.
- Throw in all of the vegetables and flavorings and leave on a medium simmer for around 30 minutes or until they are all soft.
- Using a handheld food processor, blend the soup until its smooth. (If you find your soup is thin, add 1tbsp cornflour to a little water and mix well before pouring into the pan)
- Add the potatoes and ham and leave till the potatoes are soft but not mushy.
- Serve with a handful of cheese and a few slices of crusty bread.