Lemon & Lime Cupcakes
Member recipe by ur5ula10
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
A scrumptious treat for all, and also great to make with the kids!
- for cake
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g softened butter
- 125 g self-raising flour sifted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/2 of a lime
- 200 g icing sugar sifted
- 135 g softened butter
- a couple of teaspoons of water (so it is at a spreadable consistency.)
- 1 tsp of yellow food colouring
- 1 tsp of green food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C/fan), gas 4.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Use an electric whisk or a fork to blend the eggs .Then add the eggs bit by bit to the mix before adding the sifted flour.
- Give it all a good mix.Then fill the cupcake cases to about halfway and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Then when they are out of the oven, stick a knife through the cake and when you take it out if it is clean then your cakes are ready.
- While you are waiting for them to cool get started on your icing.
- Mix the icing sugar and butter together gently. Once they have been blended add a teaspoon or two of water to the right consistency. Separate the mix into 2 different bowls, one for lemon and one for lime. Now add juice and colour to each bowl to taste.
- Now you are ready to ice your cakes!
- You may ice you cakes anyway you like, you can pipe it, or even spread it with a knife.
- Then enjoy hope you like it !