Mini Banana Muffins
Member recipe by lilfruitbat
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 55g/2oz soft light brown sugar
- 1 large, very ripe banana, well mashed
- 55ml/2 fl oz sunflower oil
- 85g/3oz wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Add in's that are successful: handful of raisins/sultanas, chopped walnuts, chopped dates, chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan. Line 2 mini muffin tins with mini muffin liners.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until thick, stir in the banana and oil.
- Sift on the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt (if using) and add the bran left in the sieve to the bowl too.Stir together until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin cases (around 2/3rds full) and bake 12-14 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch. Remove and cool.
- Store in an airtight box for up to 3 days or freeze (defrost at room temp approx 1 hour).