Member recipe by therealheidi
A warming butternut squash and goats cheese risotto for cold evenings!
- 300g Risotto Rice
- 1 Small Butternut Squash diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, Crushed
- 125ml White Wine (optional)
- 300ml Chicken Stock (+125ml if not using wine)
- 1 Sprig Thyme chopped
- 2 Sage Leaves chopped
- 100g Goats Cheese
- To Serve - Ciabatta
- In small pan with some oil begin to sautÃÂ© the squash. Stir regularly to ensure even cooking whilst carrying on with the risotto.
- Fry the diced onion until softened in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and 30 seconds later the rice. Stir and add the white wine (or a little stock). Begin to add one ladle of stock at a time and stir until dissolved by the rice before adding another.
- After 10 minutes add your thyme and sage and salt, pepper to taste. Now add the squash and continue adding stock until finished approx 5 mins.
- Just before serving stir through small chunks of goats cheese and allow to melt into the mixture. Serve and eat immediately with some crusty bread.