CYPRUS POTATO SALAD
Member recipe by mustardcomms
- 4 large Cypriot potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g can of chopped tomatoes
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh oregano or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 250g (8oz) baby spinach
- 100g (3.5 oz) feta cheese
- Place the potatoes in a pan and cover with salted water then bring to the boil and simmer for four minutes until tender then drain and cool.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan and fry the potatoes until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside
- Fry the onions, garlic and spices until lightly golden.
- Place the potatoes back in the pan with the onions and add the tomatoes. Cook on a high heat to reduce the tomatoes slightly for about 3 minutes then add the spinach. Remove from the heat straight away and gently toss the spinach so that it just wilts then add the vinegar and some of the chopped oregano or parsley.
- Pour into a serving dish then crumble the feta cheese on top, sprinkle some olive oil, black pepper and more fresh herbs Serve with some crusty bread.