Member recipe by jtw1345
- 75g soft margarine
- 200g self-raising flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 4-5 tbsp milk
- Turn oven on 160oc and grease a medium size tin.
- Put the margarine , sugar and syrup into a pan and put on low heat untill dissolved -do not boil
- Sieve the flour ,bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger into a mixing bowl.make a well in the centre.
- Mix the egg with about half of the milk and add this into the pan.
- Pour the pan mixture into the bowl and mix thoroughly to a smooth,thick batter.adding the rest of the milk if necessary.
- Cook for 45 minutes until firm.Enjoy.