Ham and Bramley Apple Rosti
Member recipe by llcoolbaz
- 400g potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 Bramley apple (approx 200g), peeled, cored and grated
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- 75g sliced ham, cut into small pieces
- 75g creme fraiche
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the potatoes and apple in a clean tea towel and squeeze out as much water as possible. Tip into a bowl and add the cheese, ham, creme fraiche, Dijon mustard, egg yolk, chives, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat, and add a good trickle of oil. Divide the rosti mixture into 6 and spoon into the frying pan (doing in a couple of batches of your pan isn'Ât big enough), pressing down with the back of the spoon to give a flat surface. Cook for about 5 minutes before carefully turning over and continuing to cook for a further 5 minutes, until both sides are golden and crisp. Serve straight away.