Vanilla and Raisins scones!
Member recipe by emmafitz1996
- 250g self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 55g Butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 60g raisins
- Plain flour to dust work surface
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 fan and line a tray with baking paper. Add the flour, salt and butter into a bowl and rub until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sugar and raisins. Pour in almost all the milk and all the almond extract until you have a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and cut into 12 using a cookie cutter.
- Put the scones on the tray and glaze with left over milk and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with a cup of tea!