Member recipe by emmafitz1996
Traditional scones with a lovely almond flavour! Lovely with a cup of tea. (it is the one on the right!)
- 220g self-raising flour
- 30g ground almonds
- A bit of plain flour to dust the work surface
- Pinch of salt
- 55g butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 1.5 teaspoons almond extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 fan and line a tray with baking paper. Add the flour, almonds, salt and butter into a bowl and rub until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sugar. Pour in almost all the milk and all the almond extract until you have a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and cut into 12 using a cookie cutter.
- Put the scones on the tray and glaze with left over milk and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with a cup of tea!