Cajun spiced cod
Member recipe by tilleyflipflop1
Delicious spicy cod served with creamy sweet potato mash served with broccoli
- 2 skinless and boneless cod fillets
- 2 tablespoon cajun spice mix
- thumb sized piece of ginger
- 3 spring onions
- 4 broccoli florets
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 15g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Spread the cajun spice on a plate and cover both sides of the cod fillets. Cut the sweet potato into chunks and cover with water, boil until soft; be careful not too overcook as they can turn brown.
- once the potato has cooked mash with butter and season. i cooked the broccoli in a pan of hot water for about 5 minutes until just tender.
- When your broccoli is about halfway heat the olive oil in the pan, add the ginger so it starts to soften and season the pan. Add the fillets and cook on each side for about 2 minutes, turn carefully as they become quite soft. When cooked serve with a scattering of the spring onions.