Spicy Tomato Pasta Soup
Member recipe by djktrox
- Ingredients for the base of the soup.
- 1 Pint of vegetable stock
- 2 tsp Marmite (If you like it!)
- 400g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large carrot sliced roughly
- Mixed herbs to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- White pepper to taste
- To make Vegetable Pasta Soup:
- Fresh Celery 1 1/2 stalks, sliced roughly
- 1/4 cup frozen sweetcorn
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 orange bell pepper chopped into chunks
- Any other vegetable which you may need to use up!
- To make bean and pasta soup use:
- 200g butterbeans drained
- 200g red kidney beans drained
- Fry onion in large sauce pan until tender, add carrot. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- If making vegetable pasta soup, add the peas, sweetcorn, celery, pepper fry 1 minute. If making bean and pasta soup add butterbeans and kidney beans and move onto next step.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, mixed herbs, chilli powder and all seasoning and wait untill it starts to bubble.
- Add stock to soup, and bring to boil. Reduce heat and add pasta. Stir well.
- Cook pasta in the soup for 12-15 minutes. Once it is cooked, leave to sit off the heat for a few minutes and serve.