Totally chocolate chip cookies
Member recipe by emily665
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cookies
- 125 gram(s) dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 150 gram(s) plain flour
- 30 gram(s) cocoa powder (sieved)
- 1 teaspoon(s) bicarbonate of soda
- ÃÂÃÂ½ teaspoon(s) salt
- 125 gram(s) butter (soft)
- 75 gram(s) light brown sugar
- 50 gram(s) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg(s) (cold from the fridge)
- 350 gram(s) dark chocolate chips (or semi sweet chocolate morsels)
- Preheat the oven to 170 C/gas mark 3. Melt the 125g dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water.
- Put the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugars in another bowl. (You could use a freestanding mixer) Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients. Finally stir in the chocolate morsels or chips.
- Scoop out 12 equal-sized mounds - an ice cream scoop and a palette knife are the best tools for the job - and place on a lined baking sheet about 6cm apart. Do not flatten them.
- Cook for 18 minutes, testing with a cake tester to make sure it comes out semi-clean and not wet with cake batter. If you pierce a chocolate chip, try again.
- Leave to cool slightly on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to harden as they cool.