Pecan nut brownies
Member recipe by tweety_anja
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Pieces
- 200g butter, cut into small pieces, plus extra to grease
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, cut into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- 220g light brown sugar
- 120g plain flour
- 220g pecan nuts, cut into large pieces
- Preheat the oven to 190C/ Gas 5. Butter a 24cm x 34cm baking tin, 6cm deep, and line with greaseproof paper, extending the paper above the rim.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir until smooth, then remove the bowl from the pan and set aside to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs for two minutes, then add the brown sugar and beat until the mixture reaches a ribbon consistency, about 6 minutes. Using a spatula, incorporate into the melted chocolate, but do not overwork. Add the flour and nuts in a steady stream, folding them in with the spatula until evenly mixed; stop mixing at this point.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and immediately place in the oven.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, lowering the oven setting to 180C/ Gas 4 after ten minutes. To test, insert a skewer or knife tip into the centre; it should come out clean and shiny. Set aside to cool in the tin. Once cooled, lift out the brownie, using the lining paper. Cut into squares or smaller pieces.