Bulgur salad with onion & feta
Member recipe by tweety_anja
- 260g bulgur wheat
- 120ml olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced (400g in total)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 15g flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 20g chopped tarragon
- 100g feta, broken into chunks
- salt and black pepper
- Place the bulgur wheat in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat four tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and cumin and cook on a medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring often, until dark golden. Transfer onto kitchen paper to drain.
- Drain the bulgur in a sieve and shake well to get rid of the water. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the cooked onion and the remaining ingredients, along with 3/4 teaspoon salt and some black pepper. Stir gently so that the feta doesn't break up too much, then serve.