Roast Lamb, garlic, rosemary
Member recipe by firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 leg of lamb about 1.8 kg (4 lb)
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced into 24 slivers.
- 2 large stems fresh rosemary, cut into 24 small sprigs.
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Rosemary and onion sauce:-
- 1 table rosemary leaves.
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 25 gm (1 oz) butter
- 25 gm (1 oz) plain flour
- 175 ml (6 fl ozs) milk
- 175 ml (6 fl ozs) veg stock
- 2 tbsp crime fraich
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to gas mark 5 ( fan 190c) 357 f. Push slice of garlic and rosemary into 24 deep cuts. Season meat with salt and pepper as desired.
- Cut onions and place in bottom of roasting tin with a little water, and place lamb on top of the onions. Cover with foil and cook for 1.5 hours. Remove foil and cook for a further 30 mins.
- Remove lamb from the oven, cover with foil and rest for 20 mins.
- Sauce:- cook onions in butter gently for 5 mins - do not let them colour. Bruise rosemary leaves with pestle and mortar to release their oil. Chop finely and add to onions. Cook gently for 15 mins.
- Stir flour into onions and buttery juices til smooth, gradually adding milk and stock bit by bit whilst whisking vigorously. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Remove from heat, liquidise half and return to saucepan to other half. Reheat and add creme fraiche and pour into serving jug