Broccoli and Brie Soup
Member recipe by nicolanolan87
Yummy, homely, comforting soup sure to warm you up on those chilly days.
- Knob of butter or glug of olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced.
- 900g bag of frozen broccoli - defrosted or roughly 600g fresh broccoli, chopped.
- 400g brie cheese, cubed
- 2l vegetable stock (stock cubes is what I use)
- Cook the onion in either the oil or butter on a low-med heat for about 5 mins until soft.
- Add the potato and the stock and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10-15 mins.
- Add the broccoli and cook for a further 5-10 mins until broccoli and potatoes are soft.
- Take of the heat, add brie cheese and stir.
- Use blender or hand blender until smooth. Serve with garlic and herb croutons or a crusty bread. Perfect.