Perfect BBQ Pulled Pork
Member recipe by helenrothwell
- 400ml Coca Cola (NOT diet)
- 1kg pork loin (or equivalent leg or shoulder join)
- 300ml barbecue marinade
- Sesame buns, coleslaw and salad, to serve
- Bring the pork to room temperature. Place the pork and Coke in the slowcooker.
- Set to low and cook for 5 hours. Do not be tempted to remove the lid as this will cause the temperature to drop.
- Take off the lid. Remove onto a plate. 'Pull' the join using two forks. It will form shredded pork very easily.
- Return the pork to the slowcooker. Pour over the barbecue marinade and cook on high for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve on burger buns with coleslaw and salad.