Seabass with Asparagus
Member recipe by neilisou
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red or green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small bunch of fresh thyme leaves
- 12 asparagus spears
- 2 fillets of sea bass
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed frying pan over a medium heat before adding the crushed garlic and fresh chilli. Fry very gently for a few minutes, do not let the garlic burn.
- Lightly score the skin of your sea bass and add skin-side down to the pan with the garlic and chilli
- Add the asparagus and gently coat in the juices, fry for a couple of minutes before turning the fish over and keeping the asparagus spears moving.
- When the fish skin is crispy and the asparagus has started to caramelise, squeeze over the juice of half a lemon and sprinkle with thyme, make sure all the ingredients in the pan are well coated with the flavoured oil, chilli pieces, garlic, lemon juice and thyme.
- Place each piece of sea bass onto a bed of 6 asparagus spears and drizzle with the juices from the pan. Season well with salt and pepper and serve with warm bread to mop up the juices.