Crustless Milk Tart
Member recipe by zimbabe
This is a very easy recipe which produces a tart that tastes delicious hot or cold. Mix it all up and the magic happens while it's cooking when it separates into three layers, a nice base layer, soft milky centre and a light golden sponge topping. Hard to explain but try it!
- Half a cup of flour
- half a cup of sugar
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of butter / margarine
- Half a teaspoon of almond essence
- Separate eggs and beat yolks with sugar until fluffy, add butter and beat again.
- Sift flour with baking powder and add the egg yolk mixture and milk, mix well.
- Beat egg whites stiffly and fold in lightly (I can never get this right but it doesn't seem to damage the end result).
- Pour into a greased pie dish with lid (or cover with foil).
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees C) until set (normally 30-60 minutes) .