Mars Bar Flapjack slices
Member recipe by butlins12
ServingsServes 1 - 32 Squares
Easy tray-baked flapjacks, based on a recipe originally from an old Sainsburys Magazine
- For the base
- 25g plain flour
- 110g porridge oats
- 150g light brown soft sugar
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g butter, softened and cubed
- 1 medium egg
- For the topping
- 225g milk chocolate
- 4 Mars bars, chopped
- 150ml double cream
- Mix flour, oats, sugar and bicarbonate of soda in a food processor until it looks like a crumble mix, but not too fine.
- Add butter and egg to dry mixed ingredients and mix until completely incorporated.
- Put 3/4 of the flapjack mix in a 22x33cm baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a bain marie, or a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the flapjack mix and refrigerate until set and hard
- Warm the cream with the chopped Mars bars until melted. Whisk until creamy. Pour over the flapjack and hardened chocolate.
- Crumble the remainder of the flapjack mix over the top evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes at Gas Mark 4/180°C or until golden brown.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to cool, and cut into 32 squares.