Chicken fajita filling
Member recipe by rosie-lou-lou
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, skin removed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb 3 oz tinned tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into strips
- rind and juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Slice chicken into strips. Then heat oil, add chicken and cook stirring, until it is evenly browned.
- Add onions and cook with chicken for 4 mins or until soft.
- Stir in cumin, cayenne pepper, ground coriander and garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add tomatoes and stir well, breaking them up with a spoon. Add red peppers, lime rind and juice to the chicken.
- Stir well, bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered, for 20 mins or until the sauce is thick and slightly reduced.
- Season to taste, then stir in the chopped fresh coriander. Cover and keep warm.