- 85g green bean
- 85g thin-stemmed broccoli
Like cabbage and cauliflower, broccoli is a brassica and is sometimes known by its Italian name…
- large handful baby spinach leaves
- 2 hot-smoked mackerel fillets (about 75g), skinned and flaked
Mackerel is a firm-fleshed, torpedo-shaped sea fish. Whole mackerel weigh in around 10-12oz (…
- 2 tsp sunflower seed, toasted
For the dressing
- 75ml low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp dill, chopped, plus extra to serve
Boil a pan of water. Add the green beans and cook for 2 mins, then add the broccoli and cook for 4 mins more. Drain, run under cold water until cool, then drain well.
To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small jam jar with a twist of black pepper, put the lid on and give it a good shake.
To serve, mix together the cooked veg with the spinach and mackerel and pack into a lunchbox. Just before eating, pour over the dressing, scatter over the sunflower seeds and add a grind of black pepper and extra dill.