Member recipe by katherinedb6
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Litre
- 200g caster sugar
- 150ml water
- 6 lemons, both the juice and zest
- 700-1000ml of strong vodka (1L)
- Put the sugar and water in a saucepan over a medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Then bring to the boil and reduce to simmering for 3-4mins to make a syrup.
- Allow to cool.
- Add the juice and zest of the lemons whilst warm. Mix well.
- Add the vodka and mix thoroughly. Pour into sterile jars or bottles.
- Leave to mature in a cool dark place for 1month, shake the bottle everyday for the first week.
- After a month it's ready to drink! You can strain the zest out, or leave it in. Best served in frozen shot glasses!