Orangey chocolate cake
Member recipe by ratnil_sri
A delicious microwaved chocolate cake with nuts and a tangy-orangey edge to it! Moreover it cooks in just 7 minutes.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of castor sugar
- 1 cup of refined vegetable oil+a little extra for greasing the microwave safe dish
- 3 medium sized eggs
- zest of 2 oranges
- 1 whole orange
- 30gm cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a handful of almonds and walnuts,crushed
- Zest 2 oranges.Pulp one of them and remove the large sized pips. Then grind in a mixer grinder till only the juice and some pulp remains. Keep aside. Sift together the flour,castor sugar,cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl. Also add the zest.
- Crack the eggs in another bowl. Beat them till fluffy. Add to it the oil. Beat again or whisk with an electric whisk. Now add the juice and pulp of orange. Whisk till everything is combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixrure little by little and continue whisking till a smooth batter is formed.
- Grease a microwave safe dish. Tip in the cake mixture. Add the crushed nuts on top. Keep in the microwave and microwave for 7 minutes at high. Check with a skewer if the cake is cooked through. Cool and serve.