Patak's Balti Bubble & Squeak
Member recipe by oliviastephenson
There are always left over potatoes and veg after the big feast on Christmas Day. Instead of having the same again why not use some spices to bring them back to life. This recipe is simple, quick and tastes delicious!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 spring onions or 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons Patak's Balti Paste
- Leftover cooked sprouts, chopped
- Leftover roast or mashed potatoes, mashed
- 2 tablespoons coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the spring onions.
- Once they are soft add the Patak's Balti Paste and a little water and allow the spices to release their heavenly flavours.
- After 2 minutes or so turn off the heat and pour into a large bowl.
- Add the sprouts, mashed potato and coriander to the bowl and mix together.
- Taste the mixture and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Wipe out the frying pan and add the oil.
- Make potato cakes, large or small, with the mixture and fry them, only turning them over once they are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper if desired and serve piping hot.