Lime and Basil Sorbet
Member recipe by dominicwilde
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 20 Fresh Basil Leaves, minced
- Make a simple syrup by bringing the sugar and water to the boil in a small saucepan. Allow to boil for 1 minute then remove from the heat.
- Combine the syrup, lime juice and basil in a blender and puree. Pour the mixture into a container and cover. Store in the freezer until completely frozen, (about 2 hours).
- Break the frozen mixture into pieces and place in the blender the blend until smooth. Return to the container and cover.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve.