Member recipe by julesthenorweegie
..or "skau kebab" if you like. A delicious Norwegian twist to this fast-food favourite, and only about 400 calories each! I translated this from a Norwegian food website.
- 200 g lamb chop, diced or sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 150 g chanterelles (preferably) or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp sour cream or yogurt - sour cream with chives go really well with this!
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads to serve
- Heat up the oven to 180-200ÃÂ°C
- Heat up butter in a frying pan, toss in the chilli, garlic, spices and meat Once the meat is browned and almost cooked through, throw in the mushrooms and give it a good stir.
- Pop the pitta breads in the heated oven for a few minutes until they're warm.
- Swirl the spring onions in with the rest of the ingredients in the pan.
- Cut open the pitta breads, put a little sour cream or yogurt inside before filling it up with the meat and vegetables, top it off with a little more of the sour cream/yogurt, and indulge! You miiiiight want to double this recipe, just a tip!