Potato and Beetroot John Dory
Member recipe by bridgefordf
The easiest and best way to cook perhaps the best tasting inshore fish. The sweetness of the beetroot compliments this fish very well.
- 2 John Dory, cleaned
- 400g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (crispy thin)
- 1 beetroot, cleaned and thinly sliced (crispy thin)
- 50g butter
- 150ml dry white wine or fish or vegetable stock (or enough to half cover fish)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/gas mark 5
- Blanch the potatoes and beetroot in salted water for 2 minutes and drain.
- Grease a baking dish with some of the butter.
- Layer half the potatoes and beetroot into the baking dish followed by a third of the butter cut into knobs.
- Put the John Dory on top of this layer followed by another third of the butter.
- Finish the dish by adding the remainder of the potatoes and beetroot on top and adding the remaining knobs of butter. Pour over the wine or stock.
- Bake for 30 minutes, basting every so often. Sprinkle with Parsley and serve.