Instant Chocolate Mousse
Member recipe by juliebrayford
- 150 gram(s) Mini marshmallows
- 50 gram(s) butter (soft)
- 250 gram(s) dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids) chopped into small pieces
- 60 ml boiling water (from recently boiled kettle)
- 284 ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Put the marshmallows, butter, chocolate and water in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Put the saucepan on the hob, over heat, though keep it fairly gentle, to melt the contents, stirring every now and again. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream with the vanilla extract until thick, and then fold into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth, cohesive mixture.
- Pour or scrape into 4 glasses or ramekins, about 175ml each in capacity, or 6 smaller (125ml) ones, and chill until you want to eat. The sooner the better!