Thick vegetable soup.
Member recipe by dumpling82
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large white onion
- 3 large carrots
- 1 whole turnip
- 7 white potatoes
- 2 pints of water
- 3 vegetable stock cubes
- Frozen veg
- A little cream for decoration (optional)
- Finely slice both onions and fry in a little oil until soft.
- boil the kettle and measure 2 pints and add the 3 stock cubes. add this to the onions
- chop the carrots, turnip and potatoes, add to the pan, add salt and pepper to season
- leave to boil gently until everything is soft.
- when soft blend the soup until it looks like a puree.
- put back on the hob and add as much or as little frozen veg as you wish to have and simmer gently for 10 mins, add salt and pepper to season.
- serve hot and spiral a little cream over the top for decoration
- if you want it thinner add more vegetable stock little at a time