Leek & Potato Soup
Member recipe by si-pad
- 50g butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large leeks, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1000ml chicken stock
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- small handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bouquet garni
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan on medium heat, and saute onions for a few minutes stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bouquet garni and puree soup with a hand blender (thicken with cornflour if too thin).
- Serve with hot crusty bread