Mushroom Seafood Pasta
Member recipe by sumansbose
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 lb scallops
- 3/4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces fresh fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- For Basil Pesto (or buy bottled one from supermarket)
- - 2 cups firmly packed fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- - 2 sprigs parsley
- - 2 garlic cloves, minced
- - 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- - 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- - 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- - Fresh ground black pepper
- - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Making the pesto (option if used readymade one) - In a food processor or blender add all the pesto ingredients except the oil; process until minced. - With the motor running, slowly pour oil through the tube and blend. - Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula; transfer pesto to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use; bring to room temperature before mixing with pasta.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons oil; add in mushrooms and red pepper; stir/saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; stir/saute scallops for 2 minutes; add in shrimp; stir/saute until scallops are opaque and shrimp are pink, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente; drain and return to pan.
- Add mushrooms, red peppers, seafood, salt, pepper, and basil pesto; toss gently.
- Serve immediately on warm plates.